Fri, Jun 14|
Open Mic Night!
Come participate and enjoy all the local talent at Renew's Open Mic Night! Be sure to Review the Open Mic Guidelines!
Time & Location
Jun 14, 2019, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Renew, 111 E Main St, Jerome, ID 83338, USA
About The Event
Click the Link below to review the Open Mic Guidelines!!!
Open Mic Guidelines
Example Open Mic Performances
Music (vocal, bands, instrumental, etc.), Spoken Word (Poetry), Comedy, Skits, Dance.
Something else? Just ask!
Thanks for your interest in Open Mic Night!
Here is some information about Renew and boundaries for participating in the event.
What is Renew? We are more than just a coffee shop, we are a coffee shop with a higher purpose! Renew is a non-profit Presbyterian Church. We planted Renew so that we can watch God transform lives and renew our community. Part of the mission of Renew is to be a safe “Third Space” for our community which means that we function as a gathering place for all people. This includes Christians and Non-Christians, kids, adults, etc. Putting on an Open Mic night is meant to encourage the community to hang out together in a safe and friendly atmosphere. Thus, this isn’t going to look like an Open Mic night in a bar which has a totally different context.
The guidelines for Open Mic Night are directed by our values as a Christian Church and our mission as a safe and friendly third space.
1. All performances will be “PG” in nature. No swearing or content (i.e. sexual/violent/etc.) that would be inappropriate for a 7 yr old. This includes musical lyrics. Expect kids/families to be in the audience.
2. Politics: Renew Open-Mic night is not a platform for divisive political rants and raves. Comedic satire that includes political references is fine, just understand the intent behind this guideline.
3. Anti-Christian content: simply means there is no Jesus/God bashing. Respect the venue.
4. Dress: No bikinis (kids in the audience…) 😊
5. Be respectful of people.
Violation of these boundaries will result in the loss of power to your mic and an invitation to leave. If you are concerned that your content might be on the fence, give me a call beforehand and we’ll talk.
What is provided?
• A Stage!
• Fender 4 channel Passport PA System with Bluetooth
• Corded Mic
• 2 stool/chairs
• Bistro table
• Our Support!
If you need time to set up, you will need to get here an hour before the event begins. If you’re not ready…well...
Some tips for performers
• Not everyone is going to pay attention to you, don’t let that deter you.
• We are going to be steaming milk and everyone is going to be making noise and walking around while you’re performing. Just know that.
• Be tuned up and ready to take the stage when it’s your turn.
• Stay close to the mic. It is your friend.
• When it’s not your turn, do that Golden Rule thing.
• After you play, the polite thing to do is stick around and listen to others. And you’re polite, right?
• Be positive and encouraging in your comments. It takes guts to stand up and play your heart out, and everyone deserves props for doing that.
• Everyone makes mistakes, blows chords, forgets lyrics sometimes. Don’t worry and don’t apologize.
• Keep coming back. You’ll get better and better…
• …and bring your friends to cheer you on.